Must be registered
*Marae – $2000 per annum upon receipt of an invoice.
*Marae defined as being: Te Papaiouru, Tunohopu, Owhata, Hurunga O Te Rangi and Whakaue ki Maketu;
Tangi grants – of $300 will be available on application for deceased shareholders of Ngāti Whakaue Tribal Lands Incorporation. All applications must be made within 6 months of the tangi.
Health grants may be approved up to a maximum of $300 to registered shareholders. This can be for any personal health related matter upon production of receipts and relating to the current financial year.
Discretionary Grants enable NWTL to lift its profile in the community
This fund is intended to provide a resource for one off events/occasions or need & the promotion of any cultural activity of Ngati Whakaue. We do not do Birthdays of any age. ALL Book launch events related to Ngati Whakaue carry a maximum grant of $200 only.
- Only a shareholder as noted in the Incorporation share register may apply for the Health grant and only once per annum.
- The Discretionary grant must be aligned to the Incorporation shareholders / Ngati Whakaue kaupapa. We will not provide personal individual grants for Sport or Education.
- Only one application per whanau trust will be accepted each year. The application can be made by an individual however the application must be signed by at least 2 of the whanau trustees and the applicant must provide the evidence of who the trustees are. (If the applicant is one of the trustees then two others must certify).
- There will be NO urgent requests.
- Any approved grants will be paid to the applicant’s bank account – we will not operate a cheque account.
- Large grants – any recipient of large grants (more than $2000) will be requested to report to the Incorporation on the use of those funds.
- A list of recipients will be published each year in the Annual report – all recipients who apply do so on the basis that this will occur.
- All applicants will be required to declare on the application form any other organisations they have sought funding from.