Only a shareholder as noted in the Incorporation share register may apply.
Grant information, guidelines, and policies can be found below.
What Grants are available?
- Tangi Grants: $400 is available on application for a deceased Shareholder within the first 12 months of the Tangi occurring.
- Health Grants: $300 is available for any personal health-related matter upon production of receipts.
- Discretionary Grants: These Grants are for requests that specifically align with a Ngāti Whakaue Kaupapa and enable NWTL to lift its profile in the community. Please note: The Incorporation does not give Grants for Birthdays, Sports, or Education.
- You must provide Quotes and any other documents to support your application.
Who can apply?
- Any Shareholder of Ngāti Whakaue Tribal Lands Inc. may make one application a year.
- Only three applications per Whānau trust will be accepted each year. The application can be made by an individual; however, the application must be signed by at least 2 of the whānau trustees. If the applicant is one of the trustees, then two others must certify.
- If you are to apply through a Whānau Trust please print off your application form and have it signed off by two trustees – return to email@example.com
What will I need to apply?
- You must complete the application form attached. Please note: All incorrectly completed or incomplete forms will be rejected, and NWTL will not be seeking further information.
- Applicants must include Identification, Bank Account Details, and Receipts with this application in order for it to be processed and approved.
- You must declare on the application form any other organizations you have sought funding from.
How are the applications processed?
- The Grants Committee meets every two months to discuss applications – their recommendations are then put to the Committee of Management for approval. Staff can give you an indication as to when they meet. There will be no urgent requests, and the decision is final.
- You will be advised of the outcome by letter or email, and no correspondence will be entered into once the decision has been made.
- Any approved grants will be paid to the applicant’s bank account – we will not operate a cheque account.
- Any recipients of large grants (more than $2000) will be requested to report to the Incorporation on the use of those funds.
- In signing the application, the applicant acknowledges that information provided may be shared with Pukeroa Oruawhata Trust and that the service provider may be contacted to confirm any aspect of the application.
Grant Application Form
Additional Grant Documents
Downloadable Grant Application Forms and Policies