2IC/Head Shepherd – Rotorua
Ngati Whakaue Tribal Lands owns just under 3,000 hectares of land surrounding Rotorua, of which 1,600 effective hectares are part of three sheep and beef farm units, 800 hectares in forestry, and the balance in native trees or riparian planting.
A 2IC/Head Shepherd position has recently become available over the 830 hectare Tihi-o-tonga/Ngongotahā farm units. This exciting role will involve all aspects of stock work, and general farm duties as required. The role will be supported by the farm manager, and would ideally suit someone looking to enhance their skill set within the sheep and beef industry.
The ideal applicant would have:
– A positive attitude and good work ethic;
– Farming experience, and a genuine interest in sheep and beef farming;
– The ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
– A small team of 2 to 5 working dogs, under good command;
– A willingness to utilise current farming technologies;
– Experience in operating farm vehicles (side by side and tractor);
– A willing attitude to undertake general repairs and maintenance when required; and
– Current restricted or full NZ Driver’s License.
A tidy three bedroom house is available, with extensive views over Rotorua city and Lake Rotorua. Competitive remuneration will also be provided, based on the applicant’s level of experience.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or mail to Perrin Ag Consultants Ltd, PO Box 596, Rotorua before 9th of August 2021, quoting the job reference number 7540.
Due to border restrictions, we will only consider candidates currently residing in New Zealand with full work eligibility.
Trademe bracket: $50,000 to $60,000